You May Be Eligible For Abortion Services at No Cost if You Have Illinois Medicaid Coverage or You Are Eligible For Coverage and Willing to Apply For Medicaid
Illinois Medicaid now provides full coverage for abortion services. This is wonderful news because women will now be able to have an abortion procedure even if they do not have the resources to pay for the service.
Family Planning Associates is researching the process and making preparations to become a Medicaid provider. In the meantime we have received a generous gift which will allow us to provide abortion care at no cost for women who are currently enrolled in Medicaid or are eligible for Medicaid and are willing to apply for coverage.
If you are currently enrolled in Illinois Medicaid please just bring in your picture ID and Medicaid card and we will be able to provide abortion care for you. You will not have to pay anything for care related to your abortion including sedation, medications, lab testing, ultrasound, or RhoGAM if you have a negative blood type.
If you are not currently enrolled in Illinois Medicaid you do not have to wait until you receive your Medicaid card in the mail to come in for your procedure. You can bring in a print out showing that you have submitted an application or take a picture and show it to our staff. We have included links below to help you see if you qualify for Illinois Medicaid and apply online for coverage. Once you have applied you will not have to pay anything for care related to your abortion including sedation, medications, lab testing, ultrasound, or RhoGAM if you have a negative blood type.
What Will I Need to Bring to My Appointment?
- You must bring in proof of current Medicaid eligibility or documentation that you have applied for coverage to the office on the day of your visit. You can also email the document(s) to FPA before your visit. The email address is: email@example.com
- Photo ID
What Documents Will Show That I Have Active Medicaid Coverage?
- An Active Illinois Medicaid Card
- A Photo or Copy of Your Active Illinois Medicaid Card
- A Photo or Screen Shot Showing You Have Active Coverage From Your Online ‘Manage My Case’ Portal
What Documents Will Show That I Have Applied For Medicaid Coverage?
- A Copy or Screen Shot of the Final Page of Your Online Application For Coverage Verifying That Your Application Has Been Submitted
- Any Documentation Provided by DHS Via Mail or Email That States You Have Submitted an Application For Coverage
You can always submit your documentation to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Please let us know right away if you have lost your Medicaid card. We can call to verify coverage if you have your nine digit medical card number. You should call the Department of Human Services (DHS) at 1-800-843-6154 or the Department of Healthcare & Family Services (HFS) at 1-800-226-0768 to request a new card right away.