Family Planning Associates is happy to offer referral resources for our patients.
The National Abortion Federation
- National Abortion Federation: Common Questions and Myths
- National Abortion Federation Member Clinics
- Unsure about your pregnancy? A Guide to Making the Right Decision for You
Abortion Funds & Support Programs for Women Travelling from Out of State
- Chicago Abortion Fund
- Midwest Access Coalition
- Women’s Medical Fund- Wisconsin
- The National Network of Abortion Funds
Free Support and Counseling is Just a Phone Call Away
Backline provides a free and confidential space to talk about pregnancy, parenting, abortion and adoption. They offer judgement-free support at any point before, during or after your experience. It can be very helpful to talk to someone outside of your everyday life. Backline can be very helpful in organizing your thoughts if you are pregnant and still considering your options.
Exhale offers a free, After-Abortion Talkline that provides emotional support, resources and information. The talkline is available to women and girls who have had abortions and to their partners, friends, allies and family members. All calls are completely confidential and counselors are non-judgmental. At Exhale, they believe there is no “right” way to feel after an abortion. Abortion can be hard to talk about and finding the right person to talk with can be even harder. Exhale provides the opportunity to talk with someone that supports and respects you, in a safe and confidential environment.
Faith Aloud offers free counseling to women as well as their family when spiritual concerns regarding pregnancy and abortion arise. They offer assistance to women who are still considering their options and those who need non-judgmental support after an abortion procedure.
Birth Control Resources
Compare different birth control options to find the best method for you.
Set up a text alert to help stay on track with your birth control method. Backline will text you daily if you are taking ‘the pill’, weekly if you are using ‘the patch’, monthly if you are using ‘the ring’ and every three months if you are using ‘the shot’.
Resources for Survivors of Domestic Violence and/or Sexual Assault
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline
- The Illinois Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- The Chicago Domestic Violence Hotline
- Love is Respect: Empowering Young People to Prevent and End Abusive Relationships
- YWCA: Sexual Violence and Support Services
- Rape Victim Advocates (RVA)
- Illinois Coalition Against Sexual Assault
Referral Sources for Free & Low Cost STD Testing
- Illinois Department of Public Health STD Free Testing Sites (Listed by County)
- City of Chicago Free STI/HIV Testing and Treatment Sites
- Howard Brown Sexual Health Walk-in Clinic